Tuesday, August 10, 2010

to warship of the Buddha

Namortassa Bagavato Arahato sammasabbhutassa
Homage to the blessed one, accomplished and fully enlightened





Three treasure worship
I take refuge In the Buddha. I take refuge in the Dhamma. I take refuge in the Sangha.
Second time, I take refuge In the Buddha. I take refuge in the Dhamma. I take refuge in the Sangha.
Third time, I take refuge In the Buddha. I take refuge in the Dhamma. I take refuge in the Sangha.




Ten precepts
I undertake the precept to refrain from destroying living creatures.
I undertake the precept to refrain from taking that which is not given.
I undertake the precept to refrain from sexual activity.
I undertake the precept to refrain from incorrect speech.
I undertake the precept to refrain from intoxicating drinks and drugs which lead to carelessness.
I undertake the precept to refrain from eating at the forbidden time (i.e., after noon).
I undertake the precept to refrain from dancing, singing, music, going to see entertainments.
I undertake the precept to refrain from wearing garlands, using perfumes, and perfumes, and beautifying the body with cosmetics.
I undertake the precept to refrain from lying on a high or luxurious sleeping place.
I undertake the precept to refrain from accepting gold and silver (money).




Meditation on the 32 Parts of the Body
This body is made up of:
Hair of the head, hair of the body, nails, teeth, skin; flesh, sinew, bon, marrow, kidneys; heart, liver, diaphragm, spleen, lungs; intestines, mesentery, stomach, excrement, brain; bile, phlegm, pus, blood, sweat; lymph, tears, serum, saliva, nasal mucous; synovial fluid, urine.
Urine, synovial fluid; nasal mucous, saliva, serum, tears, lymph; sweat, blood, pus, phlegm, bile; brain, excrement, stomach, mesentery, intestines; lungs, spleen, diaphragm, liver, heart; kidneys, marrow, bone, sinew, flesh; skin, teeth, nails, hair of the body, hair of the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment